Woman dies after drinking poisonous herbal tea


A San Francisco woman died after drinking tea made from leaves she purchased in Chinatown. A lab test found aconite, a plant-based toxin, in samples from contaminated tea leaves.

Apparently the tea company acquired some tea that was laced with a raw plant known as monkshood, helmet flower, or wolf’s bane that is very poisonous if not processed correctly.  Knowing the source of any supplements you take is so important.  Every once in a while a story like this pops up and give you pause.

Source: CNN.com